Re: Official Linux system wrapper library?

On 11/14/18 6:58 AM, Szabolcs Nagy wrote:
> an actual proposal in the thread that i think is
> worth considering is to make the linux syscall
> design process involve libc devs so the c api is
> designed together with the syscall abi.

Right, I see at least 2 actionable items:

* "The Checklist" which everyone making a syscall should
  follow and we create the checklist with input from both
  sides and it becomes the thing you reference e.g.
  "Did you follow the checklist? Where is X?"

* Programmatic / Machine readable description of syscalls.
  This way the kernel gives users the ability to autogenerate
  all the wrappers *if they want to* in a consistent way that
  matches this syscall description format.