This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Replace conformtest.pl with conformtest.py [committed]
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2018 18:03:05 +0100
- Subject: Re: Replace conformtest.pl with conformtest.py [committed]
- References: <alpine.DEB.email@example.com>
* Joseph Myers:
> Continuing the consolidation on Python for various miscellaneous build
> and test scripts, this patch moves conformtest from Perl to Python.
For me, this increases test time for conform/ from 97 seconds to
126 seconds, perhaps due to the increased startup overhead of Python
compared to Perl.
Is there a way we can recover some of the additional overhead? Perhaps
by doing more work in a single Python invocation?