This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 03/12] termios: Consolidate termios c_cc symbolic constants
- From: "Gabriel F. T. Gomes" <gabriel at inconstante dot eti dot br>
- To: Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2018 10:36:17 -0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 03/12] termios: Consolidate termios c_cc symbolic constants
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
>On 15/10/2018 17:49, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:
>> This patch consolidates the termios symbolic constants used as subscript
>> for the array c_cc on its own header. The Linux generic implementation
>> values match the kernel UAPI and each architecture with deviate values
>> have their own implementation (in this case alpha, mips64, and sparc64).
Although I don't feel very qualified to review this patch set, one detail
caught my attention here. You mentioned that alpha, mips64, and sparc64
have their own implementation, however, it looks like powerpc also does
(and you have carefully taken care of it, as I can see in the patch).
So, is the message missing a mention to powerpc, or is there something
else going on?
>> No semantic change is expected, checked on a build against x86_64-linux-gnu,
>> alpha-linux-gnu, mips64-linux-gnu, and sparc64-linux-gnu.
I started a build on a powerpc64 machine.
Other than the message not mentioning powerpc, the patch looks good, but,
as I mentioned previously, I don't think I'm qualified to review it.