Re: Bootstrap build problem after V8 test-in-container patch".

On Thu, 2018-08-23 at 20:02 +0000, Joseph Myers wrote:
> External Email
>
> On Thu, 23 Aug 2018, Steve Ellcey wrote:
>

> > I am having a build problem after DJ's patch "V8 test-in-container
> > patch".
> >
> > I do a bootstrap build by building binutils, then I build a
> > 'partial gcc'
> > by building "all-gcc all-target-libgcc" and
> > "install-gcc install-target-libgcc", then I build glibc using that
> > gcc,
> > followed by a complete build of gcc.
> The expectation is that the first compiler in a bootstrap build is
> static-only and C-only.  Presumably yours supports C++ as well,
> enough for
>
> ifeq (,$(CXX))
>
> to fail and so end up trying to link with -lstdc++ -lgcc_s?

I built C only and static only, it looks like what is happening is that
CXX is getting set to the system C++ compiler because /usr/bin is in my
PATH after the directory where I built the 'partial gcc'.  The actual
link of links-dso-program doesn't seem to be using CXX though, it seems
to call CC (aarch64-linux-gnu-gcc) which is in my directory and which
has no corresponding C++ libraries.

Steve Ellcey