This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH v2 4/7] malloc: Ensure lower bound on chunk size in __libc_realloc.
- From: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- Cc: fweimer at redhat dot com, pistukem at gmail dot com, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2018 20:40:03 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 4/7] malloc: Ensure lower bound on chunk size in __libc_realloc.
- References: <email@example.com>
On 08/20/2018 08:17 PM, DJ Delorie wrote:
> "Carlos O'Donell" <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
>>> I couldn't detect any measurable change from this patch.
>> How did you benchmark it? perf?
> I time multiple runs of trace_run with all my non-stupidly-big
> workloads, and average the results. The raw results are:
OK, so the mean seems to be ~0.08% slower. So no measurable change
as you stated. Thanks for the numbers. If someone has an application
that shows a measurable difference we can ask for a trace of it.