This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[MIPS] hsdis need non-executable PT_GNU_STACK support
- From: Leslie Zhai <zhaixiang at loongson dot cn>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>, faraz dot shahbazker at imgtec dot com, joseph at codesourcery dot com, macro at imgtec dot com
- Cc: 8u-dev <jdk8u-dev at openjdk dot java dot net>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2018 16:28:07 +0800
- Subject: [MIPS] hsdis need non-executable PT_GNU_STACK support
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
hsdis PrintLIRWithAssembly failed to work for mips64el after upgraded to
The root cause is the patch [MIPS] Enable non-executable PT_GNU_STACK
support, contributed by Faraz in 2016 February, had not been merged by
GCC toolchain upstream.
And Maciej also need to increase `MAJOR_VERSION` to check whether or not
support IFUNC, unfortunately still not merged by upstream.
But I would apply the patch and rebuild gcc-8.1, binutils-gdb-2.30,
glibc-2.27, to support Faraz, Joseph and Maciej :)
Thanks for your great job!
在 2018年08月14日 14:15, Florian Weimer 写道:
On 08/14/2018 04:08 AM, Leslie Zhai wrote:
But workaround for mips64el's PrintLIRWithAssembly is adding
-Wl,-z,noexecstack linking flag, strangely X86 does *not* need such
flag, so I am investigating the root cause.
MIPS soft-float apparently needs an executable stack:
This could be why the toolchain does not specify a non-executable
stack by default.