Re: Use gen-libm-test.py to generate ulps table for manual

On Mon, 13 Aug 2018, Andreas Schwab wrote:

> On Aug 13 2018, Joseph Myers <joseph@codesourcery.com> wrote:
>
> > (c) If you are repeatedly rebuilding packages with themselves - in the
> > full configuration building everything from those packages intended to be
> > in a release - to ensure the rebuilds converge to a set of binary packages
> > that are byte-for-byte reproducible when rebuilt with themselves (a
> > stronger version of reproducible builds than the ones where reproducibly
> > building package X in a release depends on having an older version of
> > package Y than the one included in that release), it doesn't even affect
> > the set of packages that depend on each other because Python is already
> > used in glibc testing.
>
> glibc testing is not part of the bootstrap cycle.

In that case you could also make the glibc manual build not part of the
bootstrap cycle (until we generally move awk scripts to python as well,
which was supported in the previous discussion).  Or simply include python
and its build-dependencies in that bootstrap cycle, much like perl and its
build-dependencies (even if we successfully eliminate all direct perl uses
in glibc, there will still be the indirect use from makeinfo).

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com