This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [RFC/PoC] malloc: use wfcqueue to speed up remote frees
- From: Eric Wong <normalperson at yhbt dot net>
- To: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2018 10:40:50 +0000
- Subject: Re: [RFC/PoC] malloc: use wfcqueue to speed up remote frees
- References: <20180731084936.g4yw6wnvt677miti@dcvr> <email@example.com>
Carlos O'Donell <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> - Adding urcu as a build-time dependency is not acceptable for bootstrap, instead
> we would bundle a copy of urcu and keep it in sync with upstream. Would that
> make your work easier?
Any ETA or update on urcu bundling? It's not urgent and I've
been busy with other projects, too; but it could be helpful for
planning around other work.
Anyways, I'm pretty satisfied at my original patch and will use
the __poll call in my next iteration. My main concern right now
is not hurting existing fast cases. So I will need to look into
more benchmarks on list archives and wiki...