Re: framebuffer corruption due to overlapping stp instructions on arm64

On 03/08/18 08:53, Florian Weimer wrote:
On 08/03/2018 09:11 AM, Andrew Pinski wrote:
Yes fix Links not to use memcpy on the framebuffer.
It is undefined behavior to use device memory with memcpy.

Some (de facto) ABIs require that it is supported, though.  For example, the POWER string functions avoid unaligned loads and stores for this reason because the platform has the same issue with device memory.  And yes, GCC will expand memcpy on POWER to something that is incompatible with device memory. 8-(

i think it's not reasonable to require libc memcpy to work on device memory.

i think if device memory is exposed to regular userspace applications that should be fixed.

If we don't want people to use memcpy, we probably need to provide a credible alternative.

Thanks,
Florian