Re: RFC V3 [1/2] test-in-container

Florian Weimer <fweimer@redhat.com> writes:
> On 03/02/2018 12:05 AM, DJ Delorie wrote:
>> +CFLAGS-test-container.c = \
>> +		-DSRCDIR_PATH=\"`cd .. ; pwd`\" \
>> +		-DOBJDIR_PATH=\"`cd $(objpfx)/..; pwd`\" \
>> +		-DINSTDIR_PATH=\"${prefix}\" \
>> +		-DLIBDIR_PATH=\"${libdir}\"
>

> I think OBJDIR_PATH could be $(objdir).

That would put the testroot itself under support/

There's nothing under support/ needed by test-container.c, but many
things in the root (like elf/*) that are.

And they need to be absolute (resolved) as symlinks might not work
inside the container, where only part of the filesystem exists and $PWD
may differ.

>  It's also odd to see make variables expanded with ${…}.

Fixed.

> Could you add variables (maybe support_srcdir, support_objdir,
> support_prefix, support_libdir) to a separate file under support/ and
> add matching declarations, perhaps in support/support.h?  This looks
> generally useful to me.

Useful to what?  And is this usefulness based on them being pointers to
the support subdirectory, or the toplevel build directory?