Re: Future of libio vtable compatibility

On 06/19/2018 03:11 PM, Florian Weimer wrote:
> * Carlos O'Donell:

>>> We alread did that in glibc 2.27.
>>
>> We removed the public symbols, but we haven't really touched the vtable
>> layout?
>
> We deprecated.  We didn't make any real changes.

Sorry, correct. Everything is deprecated in 2.27, but no changes are made
yet for any of the interfaces.

We should restart this conversation in the next development cycle, and
talk again about glibc 3.0 and everyone's epectations about what we might
do.

Cheers,
Carlos.