Re: [RFC 0/1] Contributing a compound object to the libpthread

On 18/06/2018 19:26, Oleh Derevenko wrote:
>  Allright gentlemen,
>
> I see your concerns and I accept that.
> Just two notes I would like to add.
>
> Regarding the links Adhemerval included -- those are the rules of GPL,
> not the LGPL license. I did initially mention I have no problems
> distrbuting free with GPL license. I was only speaking for custom
> licensing in paid software which cannot be GPL.

Afaik the rules I linked are also valid for LGPL (specially the fee one
you seemed to suggest to use).

> Regarding the note of DJ Delorie -- the patent covers the
> synchronization method (the approach), not a particular
> implementation. You will not be able to create an implementation of
> yours without violating the patent anyway. So, don't worry about the
> effects of looking in the code.
>
> That said, I understand that my idea is not going to be accepted at
> this time. I would like to apoligize for you time I have taken. In
> case anyone is going to change their opinions on the matter feel free
> to contact me.

To be clear: it is not your idea that is being rejected, but rather
your imposing rules we need to accept so you can disclosure your idea.