Re: [RFC 0/1] Contributing a compound object to the libpthread

My understanding is GLIBC is a GNU project and it should follow the
guideline for GNU projects [1]. It is an issue, both practically and
philosophically [2], if we add incompatible code regarding licensing
in GNU project.

And although it was not clear to me exactly how you do intend to make
your suggestion available, previous messages hints me that you want
something like this [3]. So what exactly is preventing you do distribute
your patch in a GPL-compatible way? If your strong unwilling to do so,
one option would be to just create an external library with your
preferred license.

[1] https://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html
[2] https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/philosophy.html
[3] https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#DoesTheGPLAllowRequireFee