Re: commit reversion without review (was: [rain1 at airmail dot cc] Delete abortion joke)

On Tue, May 08, 2018 at 01:36:41PM +0200, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> On Mai 08 2018, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
>
> > On 05/08/2018 03:36 PM, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> >> I wonder why that paragraph has never been detected in the 26(!) years
> >> it has been present in the manual?
> >
> > How does that matter?  Are you trying to imply that it's not important
> > enough?
>
> It means that for 26 years it was not a problem.

IMO, it's not the joke that's the problem, it's the unilateral commit
reversion made by Alexandre Oliva despite of consensus and in clear
violation of the accepted way of doing things, i.e. posting a proposed
patch to the list for review prior to pushing it to glibc.git.

Given that Alexandre Oliva is an occasional glibc contributor nowadays
(zero commits in glibc-2.23, glibc-2.24, and glibc-2.26, two commits
in glibc-2.25, and a single commit in glibc-2.27), I suppose
he just forgot how things are done here.

Alexandre, please do not repeat this mistake.  Your contributions are
certainly welcome, but please do not forget to post proposed patches
to the list first.

--
ldv