Re: [rain1 at airmail dot cc] Delete abortion joke

On 05/07/2018 12:45 PM, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> I did get a (private) nod from our most senior maintainer, and no
> objections.

Let me be clear here. You had many objections. Including those from
me as a GNU project maintainer.

You cannot go back in time to a past discussions, claim there wasn't
consensus, and revert the patches. The marker in the sand is that the
commit was made with at least 2 GNU project maintainers approving.
After that point you are responsible for arguing the other position.
However, you find yourself on the difficult end of that discussion
because a lot of people want the joke removed. Rather than do the
difficult work of building consensus...

You ignored consensus.

You ignored objections from your fellow GNU project maintainers.

In the end you did what you wanted, and to some degree you have those
rights as a GNU project maintainer, but it doesn't mean you acted in
any way with consensus.

You didn't summarize any of the positions of the various parties.

You didn't try to build consensus.

You checked the joke back in by yourself, without any commit message
review, for your own reasons.

Carlos.