Re: [rain1 at airmail dot cc] Delete abortion joke

  > We could have a note along these lines, sidestepping the humor, giving
  > more information and still clearly taking the anti-censorship stand:

I expect that readers who don't know about the gag rule mostly will not
relate the joke to abortion -- that they will be puzzled by the joke.

There are people in this discussion who did not know about the gag
rule but do know that the joke relates to abortion.  My theory is that
others told them it relates to abortion, and that's how they know.

Is that correct?

Did any of you figure out _on your own_ that the joke had to do with
abortion, despite not knowing about the gag rule?

--
Dr Richard Stallman
Skype: No way! See https://stallman.org/skype.html.