Re: [rain1 at airmail dot cc] Delete abortion joke

* Carlos O'Donell:

> The text is unequivocal and clear about our position on censorship.

It should say “government censorship”, not “censorship”, to be
absolutely clear.  The GNU project has rules to restrict certain
speech, after all:

| A GNU program should not recommend, promote, or grant legitimacy to
| the use of any non-free program. Proprietary software is a social
| and ethical problem, and our aim is to put an end to that
| problem. We can’t stop some people from writing proprietary
| programs, or stop other people from using them, but we can and
| should refuse to advertise them to new potential customers, or to
| give the public the idea that their existence is ethical.

<https://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/html_node/References.html>

(Our promotion of ISO standards seems to violate the rules about
non-free documentation, FWIW.)

I also expect that we would ban people from using project resources if
their actions prove toxic to the community.  This could be considered
another form of (non-government) censorship, but I really do not see a
way around it once the need arises.