Re: Upstreaming the glibc Hurd port

Zack Weinberg, on lun. 19 mars 2018 11:36:18 -0400, wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 18, 2018 at 9:51 PM, Samuel Thibault
> <samuel.thibault@gnu.org> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Thanks a lot for the feedback on what needs to be done.  It was a busy
> > week-end :)
> >
> > We should be almost there, I believe I had addressed in
> > sthibaul/hurd-builds all requirements except a few remaining bits:
>
> Is it still expected that glibc trunk cannot be built in the
> --host=i686-gnu configuration?  I am getting

Are you using the sthibaul/hurd-builds branch?
There are still things missing in master, notably the htl/
directories.

> (I would like to suggest that getting "scripts/build-many-glibcs.py
> $workdir compilers i686-gnu" to succeed,

It does work on my system with the sthibaul/hurd-builds branch.

> when $workdir/src/glibc contains a trunk checkout, should be top
> priority

Sure, that's precisely my goal.  I'm just checking for things that might
look odd in the sthibaul/hurd-builds branch before I push them to
master.

Samuel