Re: Question: more languages to support alternative month names?

On 03/14/2018 01:10 PM, Rafal Luzynski wrote:
Also I'd like to cherry-pick them all into 2.27 release branch.
Can you guys explain me the process of committing to the stable
branch? I should update ChangeLog, that is obvious.  What about
NEWS?  Should I retroactively add new languages and bugs to the
list of languages supporting the genitive case of month names
and to the list of bugs fixed in 2.27, just as if they were fixed
2 months ago?  Create a new section for 2.27.1?  Do not update
NEWS?  Do not cherry-pick anything to 2.27?

NEWS updates for 2.27.1 should happen in the 2.27.1 section. There is only the bug list so far, so you should add a new section for these changes. Post a patch for review to libc-stable if unsure.

Thanks,
Florian