This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Test suite crashes on PPC64
- From: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Zack Weinberg <zackw at panix dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2018 14:40:42 -0800
- Subject: Re: Test suite crashes on PPC64
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAKCAbMhewjoS_+aaQRHjKUCn0HjsEcZ3AYg8ywbTqoRS8gaSrw@mail.gmail.com>
On 02/22/2018 02:34 PM, Zack Weinberg wrote:
> On powerpc64-unknown-linux-gnu, with unmodified master glibc and GCC
> 7, I'm seeing the test suite fall over while trying to build locales:
> Generating locale de_DE.ISO-8859-1: this might take a while...
> Inconsistency detected by ld.so: get-dynamic-info.h: 146:
> elf_get_dynamic_info: Assertion `info[DT_RUNPATH] == NULL' failed!
> Charmap: "ISO-8859-1" Inputfile: "de_DE" Outputdir: "de_DE.ISO-8859-1" failed
> /bin/sh: line 3:
> No such file or directory
> make: *** [/home/zackw/glibc/build-normal/localedata/de_DE.ISO-8859-1/LC_CTYPE]
> Error 1
> Anyone have any idea what might be wrong? This makes it hard to debug
> my scanf patches...
This is quite odd.
I doubt that ld.so has a DT_RUNPATH, but rather that something related to static
PIE has been misconfigured in your build.
Are you building with --enable-static-pie?