This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH v2] Use C99-compliant scanf under _GNU_SOURCE with modern compilers.
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Zack Weinberg <zackw at panix dot com>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, <ricaljasan at pacific dot net>, <schwab at suse dot de>
- Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2018 13:42:20 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] Use C99-compliant scanf under _GNU_SOURCE with modern compilers.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
On Thu, 22 Feb 2018, Zack Weinberg wrote:
> On a related note, the interaction of the C99/not-C99 scanf redirect
> with the __LDBL_COMPAT scanf redirect was complicated, confusing, and
> possibly wrong. I tried to match the intent rather than the letter of
> the previous behavior. I do not have access to physical hardware for
> which __LDBL_COMPAT is relevant, so my ability to test it is limited.
> Careful review and maybe even some volunteer testing would be
According to <https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/CompileFarm> there are powerpc64
systems (both BE and LE - -mlong-double-64 is supported for both of those)
running CentOS 7 in the GCC Compile Farm, which should be suitable for
glibc testing. (Note that the glibc testsuite has essentially no coverage
for -mlong-double-64 at present.)
Joseph S. Myers