This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Use C99-compliant scanf under _GNU_SOURCE.
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Zack Weinberg <zackw at panix dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Rical Jasan <ricaljasan at pacific dot net>, Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 18:08:45 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Use C99-compliant scanf under _GNU_SOURCE.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAKCAbMivhXS1FSKbcAjqTOoZtedLeuL-dPNE1yfHDU=sZNsWaQ@mail.gmail.com>
On Wed, 21 Feb 2018, Zack Weinberg wrote:
> leads me to believe that it was added in POSIX.1-2008, but it's (sort
> of) gated on __USE_XOPEN2K right now, which corresponds to
That's probably on the basis of POSIX.1-2001 implying C99 (so implying C99
> POSIX.1-2001, not -2008. "SD5-XSH-ERN-132 is applied" in the change
> history on the Issue 7 version of the page makes me think it might
> have been added in a minor update to -2001, but then why doesn't it
> show up on the online version of -2001?
Because that was a non-bug-fix enhancement request, so a new feature only
for the 2008 edition, not the 2004 bug-fix edition (this predates the
present issue tracking system, wherein you have explicit "issue8" tags to
indicate more explicitly feature changes that are only intended for the
next major revision of POSIX).
Joseph S. Myers