This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Define GEN_AS_CONST_HEADERS when generating header files [BZ #22792]
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 07:40:49 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Define GEN_AS_CONST_HEADERS when generating header files [BZ #22792]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20180208175818.GA8519@gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 11:09 PM, Florian Weimer <email@example.com> wrote:
> On 02/08/2018 06:58 PM, H.J. Lu wrote:
>> [BZ #22792]
>> * Makerules ($(common-objpfx)%.h): Pass -DGEN_AS_CONST_HEADERS
>> to $(CC).
>> * sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/i386/lowlevellock.h: Include
>> <tcb-offsets.h> only if GEN_AS_CONST_HEADERS isn't defined.
>> * sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/x86_64/lowlevellock.h: Don't include
> It looks to me that a cleaner fix would be to move the definition of the TCB
> types to a separate header.
I will take a look.
> The circular dependency is just a cosmetic warning from make, right?
It depends on how unlucky you are. In one case on a many-core machine
with make -j60, I had to kill glibc build since it never stopped.