This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
glibc 2.25 seems to have broken AddressSaniitzer Inbox x glibc x sanitizer x
- From: Konstantin Serebryany <konstantin dot s dot serebryany at gmail dot com>
- To: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 12:24:31 -0800
- Subject: glibc 2.25 seems to have broken AddressSaniitzer Inbox x glibc x sanitizer x
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Users are reporting that the fresh glibc breaks AddressSanitizer (asan)
and probably other sanitizers too.
The problem seems to be in the new way the dynamic TLS is allocated.
The current implementation in asan is hackish and a few years back
we discussed a better one
but the discussion has stalled.
Can this be addressed in 2.25? At lest the dtls side?
Even if we put another set of hacks into the sanitizers to support 2.25,
the new glibc will break things for those who use older GCC or LLVM versions.