This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 5/6] Remove miscellaneous debris from libio.
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: Zack Weinberg <zackw at panix dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Cc: adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org
- Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 18:01:56 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 5/6] Remove miscellaneous debris from libio.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On 02/11/2018 05:35 PM, Zack Weinberg wrote:
-#if 0 /* Work in progress */
-/* Seems not to be needed. */
-_IO_set_column (FILE *fp, int c)
I'm glad that's gone. 8-P
The rest of the patch is okay, except I'm not sure if moving around this
comment is the right thing:
+/* Does not actually test that stream was created by popen(). Instead,
+ it depends on the filebuf::sys_close() virtual to Do The Right Thing. */
It doesn't look very informative and completely up-to-date to me. But I
don't think it's a good use of our time to dwell on this.
Do fclose and pclose have to have different addresses? We could make