This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
PING: [PATCH 0/2] nptl: Update struct pthread_unwind_buf
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2018 12:02:59 -0800
- Subject: PING: [PATCH 0/2] nptl: Update struct pthread_unwind_buf
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 7:24 AM, H.J. Lu <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 6:33 AM, Florian Weimer <email@example.com> wrote:
>> On 02/09/2018 03:13 PM, H.J. Lu wrote:
>>> I built glibc master with gcc-8.0.1 -mcet -fcf-protection. Some object
>>> files do get CET marker as expected. But static executable isn't:
>> I said static libraries. If I compile this code (based on the example from
>> the manual page) on Fedora rawhide:
> Glibc never provides binary compatibility with static libraries. My suggestions
> 1. Recompile static libraries after CET is enabled in glibc. Or
> 2. Don't compile static libraries with CET.
> BTW, we don't have space to save shadow stack register with existing
> cancel buf.