This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] linux/powerpc: sync sys/ptrace.h with Linux 4.15 [BZ #22433, #22807]
- From: "Tulio Magno Quites Machado Filho" <tuliom at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: "Dmitry V. Levin" <ldv at altlinux dot org>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2018 12:12:28 -0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] linux/powerpc: sync sys/ptrace.h with Linux 4.15 [BZ #22433, #22807]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20180211005832.GA25117@altlinux.org>
"Dmitry V. Levin" <email@example.com> writes:
> The unfortunate consequence of this change is that <sys/ptrace.h> could
> no longer be included after <asm/ptrace.h>, and as <signal.h> leads to
> inclusion of <asm/ptrace.h> on powerpc, <sys/ptrace.h> could no longer
> be included after <signal.h>.
I have proposed a patch  to deal with this.
> + /* Get all VSX registers of a process. */
> + PTRACE_GETVSRREGS = 27,
> +#define PT_GETVSRREGS PTRACE_GETVSRREGS
> + /* Set all VSX registers of a process. */
> + PTRACE_SETVSRREGS = 28,
> +#define PT_SETVSRREGS PTRACE_SETVSRREGS
Shouldn't this have been "the first 32 VSX registers" instead of "all VSX
The patch looks good to me with that change, but I ask you to not merge it
until a fix is merged for the build issue.