Re: Multiarch interpreter names for traditional architectures

On Fri, 9 Feb 2018, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:

> On Mon, 5 Feb 2018, Joseph Myers wrote:
>
> > > mips,classic NaN,o32,BE	ld-linux-mips.so.1
> > > mips,classic NaN,o32,LE	ld-linux-mipsle.so.1
> > > mips,classic NaN,n64,LE	ld-linux-mips64le.so.1
> >
> > Under-specified, since you have hard-float and soft-float.
>
>  And also MIPS16 and microMIPS, R6 (with its own microMIPS variant), 2008
> NaN, never mind n32.

I didn't think MIPS16 and microMIPS meant different ABIs; I thought a
MIPS16 binary could use either MIPS16 or non-MIPS16 libc, etc.

R6 is indeed a tricky case for defining what is or is not a different ABI
- does removing instructions make something a different ABI?  Or if it's
the same ABI, it illustrates (as with powerpc soft-float / SPE) how
distributions may wish to build for different variants that have the same
ABI, and so you necessarily have multiarch directory variants that share
an ABI and thus share a dynamic linker name even if every different ABI
has a different dynamic linker name.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com