This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] manual: Document the standardized scanf flag, "m". [BZ #16376]
- From: Paul Eggert <eggert at cs dot ucla dot edu>
- To: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>, Rical Jasan <ricaljasan at pacific dot net>
- Cc: libc-alpha <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2018 10:42:30 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] manual: Document the standardized scanf flag, "m". [BZ #16376]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On 02/07/2018 12:46 AM, Andreas Schwab wrote:
IMHO the "a" modifier should be marked as deprecated, since it conflicts
with the %a format. I think it would be enough to mention it in a
paragraph, but nowhere else.
Agreed. Also, I suggest modifying the NEWS entry for glibc 1.06 that
talks about the newly-introduced "a" modifier, so that it briefly
mentions that the modifier is deprecated after glibc 2.28.