This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Document use of CC and CFLAGS in more detail (bug 20980, bug 21234)
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- To: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2018 20:43:00 -0500
- Subject: Re: Document use of CC and CFLAGS in more detail (bug 20980, bug 21234)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Huh. I've been around far longer than that, and this is the first time
I even knew that was *possible*.
> glibc-specific instructions to emphasise the existence
> of this deprecation
Not what I meant. I meant, include an example early, rather than later,
because people who are reading instructions are the people who *don't*
know what the right thing to do is already.
It's the general idea of "the first time you use a term, define it".
With your change, the first time an example of running configure is
needed, is now earlier in the document.
Agreed that there's no need to mention all the non-supported ways of