This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Correct type of SSIZE_MAX for 32-bit (bug 13575)
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2018 19:38:07 +0100
- Subject: Re: Correct type of SSIZE_MAX for 32-bit (bug 13575)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine.DEB.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 02/01/2018 09:37 PM, Joseph Myers wrote:
+extern __typeof (SSIZE_MAX) x;
Does this assert the equivalence of the types (just like a pointer
assignment would do)? Maybe at a comment to that effect?
I'm not sure if __WORDSIZE32_SIZE_ULONG is the right condition for that
because it does not seem to govern the actual definition if
size_t/ssize_t, but with the compile test to check for consistency, it's
good enough, I think.