Re: Multiarch interpreter names for traditional architectures

On Mon, Feb 5, 2018 at 1:05 PM, Joseph Myers <joseph@codesourcery.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Feb 2018, Zack Weinberg wrote:
>
>> extended to more complicated scenarios.  There are multiarch
>> subdirectories of /usr/lib and /usr/include as well as /lib.  I would
>
> Unfortunately, glibc support for this has not been contributed upstream
> and I don't think binutils support has been either (ld knows about lib64
> etc. directories in the form of LIBPATH_SUFFIX settings).  (GCC support
> *is* upstream.)

Javier, perhaps that is something you would be interested in working
on?  You would need to coordinate with the Debian maintainers of
binutils and glibc.  It would probably be best to get binutils support
completely upstreamed before doing anything with glibc.

zw