This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[RFC][PATCH] NEWS: List the languages which use the alternative months.
- From: Rafal Luzynski <digitalfreak at lingonborough dot com>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2018 01:52:23 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: [RFC][PATCH] NEWS: List the languages which use the alternative months.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: Rafal Luzynski <digitalfreak at lingonborough dot com>
NEWS: List the languages which actually use the alternative
months feature in this release. Also explain that "alt_mon" and
"ab_alt_mon" are optional.
NEWS | 10 +++++++++-
1 file changed, 9 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)
diff --git a/NEWS b/NEWS
index 6f3b9b0..b1c06f1 100644
@@ -88,7 +88,15 @@ Major new features:
In a locale definition file, use "alt_mon" and "ab_alt_mon" to
define the strings for %OB and %Ob, respectively; these have the
- same syntax as "mon" and "ab_mon".
+ same syntax as "mon" and "abmon". These arrays are optional; if they
+ are not provided then they have the same content as "mon" and "abmon",
+ This feature produces any visible changes only in the locales which
+ provide actual data for "alt_mon" and/or "ab_alt_mon". In this
+ release the locale data for the following languages have alternative
+ month names actually provided: Belarusian, Croatian, Greek,
+ Lithuanian, Polish, Russian, and Ukrainian.
This feature is currently a GNU extension, but it is expected to
be added to the next revision of POSIX, and it is also already