Re: glibc 2.27: less than two weeks till release

On Mon, 29 Jan 2018, Romain Naour wrote:

> I'm not sure it worth the effort to keep the support for kernel headers between
> 4.4 and 4.9 (i.e: kernel not maintained anymore). Buildroot has already removed
> 4.5 to 4.8 kernel headers selection.

--enable-kernel is about the kernel supported at runtime, not about kernel
headers; it just so happened that in this case the mistake broke the
build with certain kernel headers.  The oldest kernel version supported by
the glibc sources should always be an LTS version, but that doesn't stop
people using --enable-kernel with a more recent non-LTS version.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com