Re: [Patch 0/13] [BZ #14095] update collation data from Unicode / ISO 14651

On Fri, 26 Jan 2018, Mike FABIAN wrote:

> > In the various cases where collation data has been changed locally since
> > the previous import from ISO 14651, are those local changes all obsoleted
> > by subsequent changes to the ISO 14651 collation data?
>
> The improvements mentioned in this comment in the old iso14651_t1_common
> file are obsoleted by the new file:

It's entirely plausible that comment is far from exhaustive; reviewing
changes from the git logs for that file (and iso14651_t1 from which it was
split out) would be a good idea as well.  But knowing those listed in the
comment are obsoleted is a very good start.

How automated is the process of getting from the ISO 14651 data to what
will be the new version of this file (and iso14651_t1_pinyin, I'm not sure
how that relates to ISO 14651 data either)?  It's desirable to have a
clear definition, as automated as possible, of how the glibc file relates
to the original source, to reduce the manual work involved in making
future updates.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com