Re: aarch64 crash with static PIE

On 01/19/2018 11:48 AM, Florian Weimer wrote:
> On 01/19/2018 08:39 PM, H.J. Lu wrote:
>>> Not sure what is going on.  This is with:
>>>
>>> binutils-2.29.1-12.fc28.aarch64
>
>> Don't you need binutils 2.30?
>
> Our installation instructions do not mention a specific binutils
> requirement.
This was an oversight on my part. We should document this in NEWS
along with the statement of support. It will be different from the
INSTALL requirement for building the project with default configure
options. We could extend configure tests to cover this, but I think
it's excessive since a given version of binutils is not what matters,
but instead the individual capabilities that need bug fixes which
may be backported by vendors.

Carlos.