Re: New way for syncing with kernel headers

On 12/08/2017 08:49 PM, Jonathan Nieder wrote:

- I don't see any uses of LINUX_VERSION_CODE in glibc today except in
   the configure script.  Is there a reason to prefer
   __LINUX_KERNEL_VERSION instead (maybe for a more stable namespace,
   even in contexts where namespace polution is not an issue)?

We need something which is defined in an UAPI header today.

__LINUX_KERNEL_VERSION is an internal glibc macro for a different purpose: it indicates the minimum (assumed) kernel version.

- I'd worry about the LINUX_VERSION_CODE < 4.14 case bitrotting.  Is
   there an easy way to ensure it gets test-compiled e.g. as part of
   build-many-glibcs?

Easy is relative: Build with older kernel headers.

Thanks,
Florian