Re: RFC: remove the "tile" architecture from glibc

On 12/1/2017 4:57 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
I'm aware
of one issue in the current code, which is that upstream gcc vector
insn support has a bug in it that causes some of the string functions
to misbehave; I can publish a fix for that before handing off, if desired.
Yes, that would be great. If it's a known bug and there is a known,
working fix, it would be great if it could be merged upstream and
Tile support be kept for a while for the people hacking on Debian
on Tile.

OK, I'm testing the fix for that issue, and I will push it up if it passes.

I'd be very happy if someone from Debian (for example) wants to sign
up as maintainer.  Otherwise I will follow the sense of the community
in terms of whether deletion or just marking it as unmaintained feels
like the better way to go.

--
Chris Metcalf, Mellanox Technologies
http://www.mellanox.com