Re: RFC: remove <sys/sysmacros.h> from <sys/types.h>

Zac Weinberg wrote on Fri, 13 Nov 2015:
https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2015-11/msg00253.html

> Therefore, I propose we remove the inclusion of sys/sysmacros.h from
> sys/types.h.  It's risky enough that I think it's worth doing a distro
> rebuild with that change to find out what, if anything, breaks - who
> do I talk to to make that happen?

Are there any specific plans still to make this happen?
As far as I can see the include is still in master.

FYI,

Mike Frysinger wrote on Tue, 29 Dec 2015:
> i'm just going to drop it in Gentoo and let people fix the build failures
> -mike

^ this was reverted by our QA team less than a day later because of
introducing Gentoo-wide user visible breakage. We kept the patch in later
glibc versions though, in particular Gentoo testing 2.24 and 2.25.

Now that we want to stabilize 2.25, we're down to 18 (known) build failures
within our stable package set.

--
Andreas K. Hüttel
dilfridge@gentoo.org