Re: [PATCTH 0/2] pthread_mutexattr_setrobust() and pthread_mutex_consistent()

Hello Yubin

On 08/20/2017 11:42 AM, Yubin Ruan wrote:
> Hi Michael,
> This patch series introduce three pthread functions for linux-man:
>     * pthread_mutexattr_setrobust()
>     * pthread_mutexattr_getrobust()
>     * pthread_mutex_consistent()
>
> I put pthread_mutexattr_setrobust() and pthread_mutexattr_getrobust()
> altogether since they are related.
>
> I obtain my information about these functions mainly from reading the
> glibc source code and do some testing. There might be some mistake,
> but they are mostly correct (95% or so).
>
> Following this email would be those man pages in plain text and nroff
> format. I have tested those nroff file on my Linux box using man, and
> it look pretty well. Please point out if there are any mistake in
> formatting.

Thanks for the drafts. Could I ask you to review the man-pages(7)
page. There's a number of details described in that page
which should be fixed in the drafts. Also, please try rendering
your pages with "man -l <page>". This will show problems with
the example code. See the chown(2) man page example for
the required escape sequences for "\n" and the single quote.

Thanks,

Michael

--
Michael Kerrisk