Re: Removing ChangeLog [Was Re: 2.26 hard freeze status]

On 08/02/2017 09:22 PM, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
> what is currently blocking us from not using the ChangeLog file?

I've been (re-)reading some of the arguments for it on bug-standards, to
try and appreciate the viewpoint, and it seems to be a feeling that the
ChangeLog is a consistent -- and persistent, when distributed with
release tarballs (which may be even more to the point) -- record, unlike
the VCS du jour.  Joseph may be able to provide better insight, though;
I'm not sure I've fully grasped all the subtleties of every concerned
party's arguments.  Only a handful have weighed in on the discussion
thus far.

Rical