Re: 2.26 hard freeze status

On Thu, 2017-07-27 at 23:12 +0530, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
> On Thursday 27 July 2017 11:06 PM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> > I'm doing final testing of Torvald's patches for rwlock and robust
> > mutexes on ppc64, ppc64le, x86_64, i686, aarch64, and armv7hl to
> > make sure I have good coverage before commit.
> >
> > I'm really trying to hit today as the day I commit these changes,
> > and so far I haven't seen any issue with the patch itself.
> >
> > The one downside I have is that the reproducer doesn't reliably
> > reproduce the bug, and that's not a terrible problem, it's just
> > the kind of issue we face with P&C bugs.
>
> That sounds good.  So when I wake up tomorrow and I see a definitive
> comment on the ppc64le issue *and* Torvald's patch is committed, I'll
> declare a freeze and release on Tuesday.  Otherwise we wait another day
> and release on Wednesday.

Thanks.  Carlos has committed the rwlock fix.

If you have a few spare cycles to review the patch I posted for 21778,
and there's still time because we haven't dealt with the ppc64le issue
yet, it would be good to include the fix for 21778 in the release.  It
is a regression caused by another robust mutex fix in the most recent
release.  Also, the patch is fix is pretty straightforward.