Re: 2.26 release blockers?

On Saturday 01 July 2017 02:21 AM, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:
> I would like add both C11 threads support [1] and the final patches
> to finally remove the sysdep-cancel.h asm hackery [2].
>
> For C11 I think it generated a consensus that there is no impending
> technical issues about current approach using underlying POSIX
> primitives and Tovarld also think it is a good idea to add it on
> 2.26.

Adhemerval and I discussed this on IRC earlier today and it looks to me
like the C11 threads patches should not affect architecture testing
beyond adding new symbols to the ABI.  I'm inclined to allow it as a
freeze exception but I know Joseph has his reservations about it.
Joseph, if you still object, could you elaborate on why you think this
would affect architecture testing?  Overall the code impact is much less
than some of the blockers currently approved given that it is a brand
new ABI/API that is isolated from everything else in glibc.

Either way, it would be nice if someone could help review these (I'll
give it a shot too later in the week, but I may need a second pair of
eyes on some of them) so that it could make it early into 2.27 if we all
end up agreeing that 2.26 is not a suitable target.

Siddhesh