This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Synchronizing auxiliary mutex data
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at gmail dot com>
- To: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2017 16:43:26 -0700
- Subject: Re: Synchronizing auxiliary mutex data
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 1:10 AM, Andreas Schwab <email@example.com> wrote:
> What is synchronizing the auxiliary data in pthread_mutex_t.__data
> (__owner and __count) between threads?
I suspect you are running into a problem where you are getting a
deadlock and/or lock has happened on two different CPUs?
Since mutex also depends on futex, what kernel version? RT full enabled?
If it a kernel version from sometime last year and RT full enabled you
might want to test
> Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, firstname.lastname@example.org
> GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE 1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7
> "And now for something completely different."