Re: Fix mcontext_t sigcontext namespace (bug 21457)

On 06/27/2017 05:56 PM, Joseph Myers wrote:

>>> Florian, if you can check, then please do.
>>
>> What's the old mangled name I would have to look for?  sigcontext?
>
> On x86_64 and x86, it's mcontext_t (and won't change).  On AArch64, it's
> sigcontext.

Only one package is affected, the Dolphin emulator (we have version 5.0
in Fedora).  It uses SContext as typedef for mcontext_t.  All symbols
are definitions, and there are no references.  I assume they are all
accidental exports, so this program would not be affected by the
mangling change.

Singular (a “Computer Algebra System for polynomial computations”) uses
a sigcontext type as well, but again only in a definition.  But this
happens on i386 (where it even brings its own definition) and x86-64,
and mcontext_t is not used, so it's not related.

I don't know if the harmless mangling change within Dolphin should be
considered a blocker.  Probably not.  But in general, I agree with the
sentiment that POSIX conformance is usually not sufficient grounds for
ABI breakage (or deviation from kernel-defined data structure layouts).

Thanks,
Florian