This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Fix mcontext_t sigcontext namespace (bug 21457)
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: Szabolcs Nagy <szabolcs dot nagy at arm dot com>, Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: nd at arm dot com, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2017 17:53:29 +0200
- Subject: Re: Fix mcontext_t sigcontext namespace (bug 21457)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: ext-mx10.extmail.prod.ext.phx2.redhat.com; dmarc=none (p=none dis=none) header.from=redhat.com
- Authentication-results: ext-mx10.extmail.prod.ext.phx2.redhat.com; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=fweimer at redhat dot com
- Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 mx1.redhat.com 3E896142872
- Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.3.2 mx1.redhat.com 3E896142872
- References: <alpine.DEB.email@example.com> <59526EF4.firstname.lastname@example.org> <alpine.DEB.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 06/27/2017 05:27 PM, Szabolcs Nagy wrote:
>> For some previous patches in this series, changing stack_t and ucontext_t,
>> Florian checked there were no affected mangled names in Fedora, as
>> evidence for such problems being rare. Such a check might be worthwhile
>> here (remembering that what is being looked for is architecture-specific,
>> but on x86_64 / x86 the mangled name is already mcontext_t and would not
>> change because there aren't namespace issues there).
> Florian, if you can check, then please do.
What's the old mangled name I would have to look for? sigcontext?