This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Implement tmpfile with O_TMPFILE (bug 21530)
- From: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- To: Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2017 17:18:58 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Implement tmpfile with O_TMPFILE (bug 21530)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Jun 26 2017, Adhemerval Zanella <email@example.com> wrote:
> On 26/06/2017 08:47, Andreas Schwab wrote:
>> If the kernel or the file system does not support O_TMPFILE fall back to
>> creating a temporary file based on tmpnam.
>> [BZ #21530]
>> * stdio-common/tmpfile.c (tmpfile) [O_TMPFILE]: Try opening an
>> unnamed file first.
>> stdio-common/tmpfile.c | 51 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--------------
>> 1 file changed, 37 insertions(+), 14 deletions(-)
> I would prefer to compartmentalize Linuxism to linux sysdep folder, something
Perhaps it will be adopted by POSIX?
Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, firstname.lastname@example.org
GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE 1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7
"And now for something completely different."