This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Track resolv.conf patch in glibc
- From: Khem Raj <raj dot khem at gmail dot com>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2017 16:06:43 -0700
- Subject: Re: Track resolv.conf patch in glibc
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAMKF1srD3Gd=vqvBveJQSGLvohwMcDpmnEwFbcW8tomG9NVCeA@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com>
On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 2:23 PM, Florian Weimer <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On 06/23/2017 11:03 PM, Khem Raj wrote:
>> Hi Joseph
>> eglibc has this patch applied
>> but this was not proposed for glibc. I wonder if this issue is still
>> relevant or fixed
> It's tracked as bug 984:
> The patch you quoted breaks the _res interface, including internal use
> by glibc within getaddrinfo. A proper fix is rather difficult.
I see that debian
and OpenEmbedded both are carrying this fix. What
would be the forward path.