This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH v2] Single threaded stdio optimization
- From: Szabolcs Nagy <szabolcs dot nagy at arm dot com>
- To: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: nd at arm dot com, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, "triegel at redhat dot com" <triegel at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 17:53:38 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] Single threaded stdio optimization
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: redhat.com; dkim=none (message not signed) header.d=none;redhat.com; dmarc=none action=none header.from=arm.com;
- Nodisclaimer: True
- References: <594AA0A4.firstname.lastname@example.org> <alpine.DEB.email@example.com>
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
On 21/06/17 17:52, Joseph Myers wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Jun 2017, Szabolcs Nagy wrote:
>> created. A new libc abi symbol, _IO_enable_locks, does this.
>> (The abilist files will have to be updated in a separate patch).
> I don't see any declarations or uses of this symbol in public headers, so
> why does it need to be at a public symbol version instead of
oh i didn't know GLIBC_PRIVATE is the way to do libc internal symbols.