This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: pwritev2 regression test for invalid flags
- From: Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>, Stephen Bates <sbates at raithlin dot com>, Christoph Hellwig <hch at infradead dot org>, Jon Derrick <jonathan dot derrick at intel dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, "linux-block at vger dot kernel dot org" <linux-block at vger dot kernel dot org>, Christoph Hellwig <hch at lst dot de>, Jens Axboe <axboe at fb dot com>, "viro at zeniv dot linux dot org dot uk" <viro at zeniv dot linux dot org dot uk>
- Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 10:06:13 -0300
- Subject: Re: pwritev2 regression test for invalid flags
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <A4491A52-483F-47CD-8248-04C519C126C2@raithlin.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 21/06/2017 08:45, Florian Weimer wrote:
> On 06/20/2017 10:53 PM, Stephen Bates wrote:
>>>> I've already sent this patch to Al twice (including a stable tag),
>>>> but it didn't seem to make it anywhere.
>> Does anyone have ideas how we move this along? This is the missing link in allowing applications to request IO polling…
> Is this still an issue with the upstream kernel?
> As far as I can tell, Greg Kroah-Hartman queued the fix for 4.9 and
> 4.11, and the fix is in mainline, too:
Would it be acceptable to add an issue that stress this issue on glibc?